The Humeca® mesher is provided with a unique spring mechanism that prevents the blades from excessive pressure on the carrier during cutting, thus increasing the life time of the blades. Unlike most conventional meshers, where the carrier is moved through the device by means of intermittent pulling a ratchet, the Humeca® mesher is driven by the continuous rotation of a handle. The rotation makes the meshing procedure less time consuming and the design is far more ergonomic. Opening the bridge of the mesher allows easy access to the cutting axis for cleaning and inspection.
Why a carrier? The advantage of a carrier is that the skin is more manageable. The carrier can be pressed to the wound bed graft side down to peel off the graft and apply it to the wound.
The second advantage of a carrier system is that the expansion ratio is determined by the type of carrier chosen, not by the type of blades of the mesher. In a system without carriers for each expansion you need either a different mesher or a different blades axis.
The Humeca mesher features:
- Robust and durable construction
- Unique ergonomic design with low pressure smooth handle drive
- Spring mechanism prevents blades damage
- Expansion factor determined by Carrier – no setting adjustment needed
- Expansion 1:1, 1:1.5, 1:2, 1:3 and new 1:6 now available
- Continuous rotational drive; no intermittent pulling of a ratchet
- Measures LxWxH: 220 x 212 x 183 mm
- Weight: 4.4 kg
- Cutting axis can easily be replaced
- Individual blades can be replaced