The Xpansion micro-autografting kit is a sterile disposable kit for applying split thickness skin grafts on difficult to heal wounds. The kit contains instruments for the harvesting, mechanical preparation and application of skin autografts without the need for an operating theatre. The kit is designed for single patient use.
Split-thickness autografts are the preferred closure method for challenging, hard-to-heal wounds, both acute and chronic. The Xpansion kit provides a simple and straightforward method of creating micrografts which are evenly-sized minced skin particles, 0.8 mm x 0.8 mm in length.
The advantages of this product include:
- Procedure can be performed by any trained physician in a wound clinic or physician rooms at the patients bedside
- No capital expenditure required
- Only local anaesthesia necessary
- Minimal donor sites
- True split thickness skin graft, not just epidermal
- Significant expansion of skin particles up to 1:100
- Sterile convenient kit containing Dermatome, forceps, cutting mat, syringe, Xpansion mincer & spatula.
Learn more of the technique and see a case study
Xpansion Surgical Technique
Read about the
Science of micro-autografting